Friday, July 22, 2016

Best Travel-Ready Beauty products for your see-through ziplock bag

One of the biggest things that I do for my packing list when I travel is my carry-on see through ziplock bag of liquids. I hoard sample sizes, mini bottles from hotels, and multi purpose products.

Anatomicals bath products from the Pentahotel in Vienna, Austria

Tips for hoarding sample sizes:
  • Every time you make a beauty purchase at a counter, specialty store, Sephora, Space NK, apothecary - ASK for sample sizes of anything at the cashier. The salespersons are usually obliging and will look for sample sizes for you.
  • I always take mini-tubes of toothpaste with me from hoarding them from planes and hotels. Most hotels will have mini-tubes of toothpaste in the front desk that are for guests. There is a little note in the brochure where you can ask for toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, razors and shaving cream from the front desk if you forget or run out of it. 
  • When trying new perfumes, ask for a sample to try it out. Usually you have to wear a perfume for a couple hours to get the full effect of the notes in the scent so it is advisable to walk around for a couple hours or take a sample size to make your informed decision whether you should get that full sized bottle. 
  • This is an obvious one: when staying at a hotel, place the mini-bottles of bath products in your bag or different location in the bathroom (besides the sink) or room when leaving the room. The housekeeping team will replenish and put new bottles out for you. 

Best mini-travel sized products (in my opinion):

Josie Maran Argan Black Oil mascara in Travel Size
Josie Maran cosmetics are cruelty-free and natural. This mascara is glossy and is a favorite of mine because it works with my short and straight Asian lashes. It doesn't end up on my face like many mascaras and it doesn't snag or pull my lashes. The natural argan oil formula also helps nourish the lashes which means its ok to use everyday.

Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturiser SPF 47
This cute little bottle of moisturiser and SPF 47 is perfect for a multi-purpose product. The lightweight texture of the product and sun protection minimises the need to pack two products (a moisturiser AND a sunscreen).

& Other Stories Gorgeously Gentle Cleansing Wipes
I am pretty obsessed with these wipes. Its perfect for traveling because wipes aren't counted towards your ziplock bag. These wipes smell amazing, takes off make up gently, and no weird residue on the skin after using it. Probably the best wipes I've ever used. These are great for those nights where you're just too tired and lazy as well.


& Other Stories Moroccan Tea Body Mist in Travel Size
This refreshing scent and mini size is just too cute to not pack into the ziplock bag. The body mist line at & Other Stories are not overpowering scents and lighter versions of their eau de parfum. I have used both the body mist and eau de parfum versions of Moroccan Tea. It has a tea + mint scent that is just great for everyday use. 

NARS Multiple in Orgasm
I've already added this product in many lists on this blog before BUT it seriously is awesome. I like to use this product as a blush and eyeshadow base so its always on my beauty packing list of products to take with me. 


Beauty products you don't need to pack:

  • Body lotion. The one that hotels provide are sufficient. 
  • Body wash or soap. Unless you have specific skin needs then the one that hotels provide are decent. 
  • Hair Conditioner. I use the one that hotels provide but I do tend to bring my own shampoo as my hair texture seems the change in different types of temperatures so I try and keep it consistent with my hair products. 

All opinions regarding these products are my own personal opinions alone. The pictures are taken from the companies websites which are linked to this blog. No companies or product endorsements here.




No comments:

Popular Posts