Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Smell this

My favorite scents are a combination of peppermint, mint, eucalyptus, white tea, and citrus. Its no surprise that when I come across a body product that has any of these combinations, I end up purchasing it! These body products leave my skin feeling soft. I have soft smooth skin in general due to genetics and skincare.

I live in a tropical country with 100% humidity and the heat sometimes drags me down so I've got my AC blasting constantly in my room. The biggest problem when spending a majority part of my day indoors with AC is the fact that it dries out my skin. I was given a luxurious body lotion by a student of mine that smells like a spa!

This lotion is by Como Shambhala and is made without sodium lauryl suphate. In fact their ingredient list is pretty small. I like it because #1 it smells good with the combination of eucalyptus, geranium, lavender, and peppermint. It also melts into my skin without feeling too greasy within a couple minutes. There is also a nice tingling sensation from the peppermint.

The lotion is supposed to be an "invigorating" lotion but the reason why I like eucalyptus and mint is because they are calming scents to me. I use this lotion after my evening shower before I get ready for bed.










There is a local brand of home spa products here that have opened up branches all over the island called Mt. Sapola. Every time I pass their store, I can't help but take a deep breath in because the stores all smell like entering a spa! They also have a whole range of Rosemary-Eucalyptus body products that I adore. I am always replenishing my body wash from Mt. Sapola

This Rosemary-Eucalyptus body wash does not have an overpowering smell but just enough to get you saying 'aaahhhhh' in the shower. This body wash also doesn't strip my skin dry (unless I use scalding hot water - which sometimes happens because my shower head has a weird temperature problem) and works well with my loofah.







I have also tried their Rosemary-Eucalyptus salt scrub as well and prefer this one to Bliss's Hot salt scrub because the scent is not an overpowering Eucalyptus scent. I like to blend a scrub and a body wash together on my loofah so its an exfoliating body wash. I don't particularly like the oily residue that all body scrubs I've tried in the past leaves behind on the skin.






When it comes to perfumes and colognes, I have a pretty picky nose. I started wearing CK one when I was 11 in 6th grade when that scent was all the rage in the 90s and over the decades, I've collected quite a number of perfume bottles of different ranges of scents. Clearly, the scents that I loved, every little drop was used and the ones I didn't love were barely used. In college, I used a combination of Dolce Gabbana Light Blue (that scent still evokes memories of college), Coco Chanel Mademoiselle (really sweet smell), and Burberry Brit (which I still love and use on occasion). Post-college, I stuck with Burberry Brit but have mostly been drawn to natural scented oils that I could get at Whole Foods because my nose needed some calming scents due to living in New York. I discovered Jo Malone in New York and have loved her colognes since then. The brands colognes are meant to be mixed up and paired together to make something completely individual.


A bit sweet but mostly citrusy. This is a perfect scent for a hot summer day. Considering where I live now is mostly just hot all year round, this is my go-to scent for the day time. According to their website, this is a "Peppery basil and aromatic white thyme bring an unexpected twist to the scent of limes on a Caribbean breeze."


This scent is a light floral scent of White Jasmine and Mint. This is the scent that hooked me onto Jo Malone's line. The scent is described as "Just-crushed wild mint adds a dash of eccentricity to an exuberant bouquet of jasmine, lily, orange flower and rose."
Its a little exotic but mostly refreshing scent.




















All opinions regarding these products are my own personal opinions alone. The pictures are taken from the companies websites which are linked to this blog. No companies or product endorsements here. 

No comments:

Popular Posts