Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Beauty gifts to give the women in your life

Beauty gifts are a no-brainer to give women around the holidays as a main gift or a stocking stuffer. There are rules though. You don't want to give the wrong type of gift and there are a few things that are not good gifts to give unless you really KNOW the receiver. There are also gifts that are neutral that are enjoyed by both men and women that wouldn't offend the receiver. Think: Candles, Bath products, Lotions, Soaps, Lip Balms (non- shiny, non-sticky of course), Hair products, Tools: Combs, nail clippers, facial brushes, etc., and of course remember the packaging is important too.

Here are my favorite gifts for the women in your life.

1) Mom
My grandmother and mother taught me at a young age that skincare products is very important in maintaining a youthful skin as well as staying out of the sun.
I'm giving my mom some awesome beauty products..

Stila in the light palette
Retail $39

I am obsessed with Stila eyeshadows and this is a beautiful palette. Stila's eyeshadows are really long lasting and I always use it as a under eye make up base to make my eye make up last all day. The colors in this palette is beautiful!

I've taught my mother how to do make up several times but she always goes back to her way of doing make up (mom, if you're reading this - you better listen!) so this palette will be a fool-proof way of keeping the make up beautiful, youthful, and simple. I also like the no smudge eyeliner that comes with the palette.





2) Sister (younger sister)
My little sister is still in 8th grade and very much not into wearing make up. She does like to curl her lashes though, unlike me, she is blessed with gorgeous feathery long lashes.

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
Retail $19

The cult favorite eyelash curler among make up artists and beauty junkies alike. I've been using Shu Uemura eyelash curler for about 8 years and cannot see myself switching anytime soon unless there is an eyelash curler that is better for straight Asian lashes.

This would also make a great stocking stuffer!













3) Best Girlfriends

Anything that has really pretty packaging, universal, smells delicious, luxurious ingredients but doesn't break the bank... here are some of my faves. (Also great as stocking stuffers!)


Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
Retail $22.50

Fresh came out with four colors that stem from this original in the past few years. However, this is the best one to get. With its luxe buttery texture, lemon-y scent, and pretty packaging - you can't help but constantly reapply dry winter lips with it.

I got my mother and my boyfriend's mother hooked on this lip treatment. It is really amazing! I also like that its not sticky or glossy so men can also use it.









Origins Peace of Mind on the spot relief
Retail $11

If you've ever set foot inside at an Origins store and the sales associates give you a temple massage with this product placed on your temples and behind your ears - you know that this stuff is so relaxing!

Give this to your overworked friends and coworkers!
Extra points if you pair it with a scalp massager...











Head massager by Kikkerland
Retail $3.99

I have a scalp massager and it is especially good when you've spent all day staring at the computer. The best part about this massager is that you don't have to rely on anyone else to massage your scalp.

A cheap thrill but the rewards are priceless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stila's eyeshadows are really long lasting and I always use it as a under eye make up base to make my eye make up last all day. The colors in this palette is beautiful.
RevitaDerm

Popular Posts